Monday, March 29, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Well, friends...here is a yummy, healthy recipe you can enjoy...even on a diet! I needed to find a recipe for a friend of mine who is doing Weight Watchers, and found this. I made it for them and for us, too and it was so good. We just had it for dinner again tonight. You can change it around if you'd like if you don't care about the Weight Watchers points. But here it is...

BBQ Chicken Pizza (Weight Watchers 5 Pts Per Slice)
Recipe #239279 | 25 min | 15 min prep
(It's especially fast if you use precooked chicken.)

SERVES 6 (change servings and units)

Ingredients:

* 1 Boboli whole wheat pizza crust
* 16 ounces chicken, cut into small pieces
* 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce (your favorite)
* 1/4 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup regular shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/2 large red onion

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Dice the onion and sauté the onion with 2 of the tablespoons of BBQ sauce. Add chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through.
2. Top your Boboli pizza with the remaining BBQ sauce, fat free cheddar, low fat mozzarella, onion chicken mixture, then the regular cheddar. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.


I have used whole wheat and white pizza crust from the store, and it was good on both. It doesn't have to be Boboli brand. I really don't measure how much sauce or cheese I use when I am making it just for us, and tonight I didn't use the fat free or lowfat cheese. You can also use frozen chopped white onion if you'd like. I also use a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the crust, and a little when cooking the chicken too but you don't have to. Like I said, make it your own! And enjoy it!

No comments: