Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bear sightings

So, Joshua and I have seen much wildlife since moving into our house last year. We have had turkeys, turtles, raccoon babies, a weird large bird, and groundhogs. But the most interesting creature we have seen would be the black bear. Last year, we had one visit us. He was a little older than a cub and destroyed my bird feeder. (Okay so it was really my mom's bird feeder she let me use...sorry, Mom!) This year as I was lazily lounging in my room, I noticed something black reflect in my dresser mirror. I got up and walked to the window and behold it was another bear. This guy or gal was larger than last year's visitor. He was a teenager/adult. He sniffed, saw us as we stared at him with our mouths gaping open, and moved along. He did a bit of yoga in my front yard, and then went on his merry way. If I see any more bears, I will let you know. If you come to my house, come on a Sunday afternoon. This is when they seem to enjoy coming.

No comments: