Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Today of all days...

Sooo, our school is undergoing some ACSI accredidation.  (We are accredited by the Classical School people but we are getting another one since ACSI is a great thing to have when you are a Christian school.)  ANYWAYS.... so there are people from the ACSI team at our school this week.  They are observing classes, asking us questions...making sure we are doing what we say we are doing, and doing it well basically.  Now for my story...

We have "bouncy chairs" as the kids fondly call them for the students to sit in if they choose.  These are plastic chairs on wheels in which the seat is a bouncy ball.  This is a great "tool" if you have fidgety, energetic kids.  It allows them to bounce a bit, while maintaining balance at the same time.  I won't go into all the functions of the chair.  So anyways, an ACSI person comes into my classroom and mouths to me "Can I watch?"  Of course, I say "yes" now being nervous since I am being watched by a stranger.  The point is that my tiny little first grade student was not sitting on the ball chair properly, and yes---he fell out of the chair and onto the floor.  The observer looked a bit shocked...as was I...while thinking...yes, this completely makes sense that this would happen to me.  Thankfully the student was okay and laughed it off but I am sure that left a lovely impression on the observer.  Everything seems to happen to me at the worst moments.  Well, who knows if I passed evaluation or not but let's just say, I am beginning to be less and less shocked with these types of moments in my life.  The End.

No comments: