Tuesday, September 23, 2008

May the third trimester begin...


Well, so I think I am beginning my third trimester...I am 27 weeks now and feel big. Tomorrow I go for the one hour glucose test. For those that don't know what this is...well, you have to drink a very sugary sweet drink...I hear it tastes like orange Fanta but without the bubbles...then you sit and wait for an hour...then your blood is taken to see if you have signs of gestational diabetes. If your sugar level is too high, you get to go back for a 3 hour test and drink a more sugary drink, and get blood taken every hour. Needless to say, I hope I pass tomorrow's test! I hate needles, and getting my blood taken but I am hopeful that I will only have to do this once. We shall see....pray that it goes well tomorrow..please!


Oh and I read and have heard that there are more flavors for this sugary substance besides orange...fruit punch, and cola flavored. I also read that some clinics let you drink it on ice in a cup. Ha. I bet I will not be allowed to, but you can believe I will be asking for that. As for the flavor, I would take the cola but I bet I will be offered the orange. So, good thing I like orange soda I guess.


No comments: