Monday, December 3, 2007

New Teacher sets off fire drill

Today, around 10am, the fire alarm went off. So, the entire school heads out into the blistering, freezing WIND to find out it is not a drill. Either someone pulled the fire alarm or something really set off the alarm. Someone notices a window open in the upper school building. I look up and realize it is Joshua's room. Then I remember him telling me about some of the experiments they have been doing lately....I begin to wonder. Meanwhile, we are all standing outside freezing for 30 minutes. The administration was at an off campus meeting. Therefore, we are all left outside, waiting for someone who knows how to turn off the fire alarm to go ahead and do it. The fire trucks finally arrive, and we learn that it is safe to return inside. Amidst flying rumors, some involving students' coats on fire...I learned the truth. My hubby's class was in fact doing experiments. They were burning magnesium metal and oxygen. Well, two of the students happened to be directly underneath the smoke detector. So, this caused the fire alarm to go off. Now, it is really funny. It makes for a great story....right?

No comments: