Tuesday, October 5, 2010

White Chicken Chili Recipe

Hey, Friends! Well, I have been asked for the chicken chili recipe I have and love. I cannot take credit for it, though. My friend, Brooks Anne made this once and then I had to have the recipe. Debbie, if you're reading this...I need your recipe, too! I always loved yours as well.

Anyways, here it is....

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (4 oz) of chopped green chilies (near the Mexican foods in the grocery store)
3 tbsp. flour
2 tsp. ground Cumin
2 (16 oz) cans of Navy or Great Northern Beans (I use Great Northern)
1 (14 oz) can of chicken broth
1 1/2 cups of finely chopped cooked chicken breast

To top:
~Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
~Sour Cream
~Salsa

Instructions:
In a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil for 4 minutes, or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin, cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth (do NOT drain beans), bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Add chicken, cook until hot.

OR if you want to use a crock pot -
Cook the chicken, and shred/cut it. Sautee' onions in the olive oil. Then put all of the ingredients in the crock pot and let it slowly simmer for several hours.

ENJOY! :o)

No comments: