Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yummy, Easy Pork Roast Recipe

Well, my mom said I should blog about this recipe that we have enjoyed several times now. I guess she thought it was really yummy. :) Oh and did I mention that it is SUPER easy?? The recipe is from the ACA (Asheville Christian Academy) cookbook so I do not claim it as my own by any means. Here it is...

Sweet and Sour Pork Roast

Ingredients:

-4-6lb boneless pork roast (okay, this much meat would be WAY too much for me and my fam, so get however much you want...and you can halve the recipe, or adjust it to the amount of meat you buy)
-1 jar Apricot Preserves
-1 Envelope of Dry Onion Soup Mix
-1 Bottle of French Dressing
-1 Cooking Bag (I get the Reynolds Cooking bags...make sure to look at the directions for the cooking bag and follow them! I know you will need 1tbsp of flour to put in it so it won't burst.)

Cooking Instructions:

Heat the preserves. Pour over the pork roast in the bag. Mix the soup and salad dressing. Pour over the preserves on the roast. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes per pound (check the pork..sometimes it takes longer than this to cook). ENJOY! Oh and we usually eat this with a yummy broccoli casserole...I will post that next...

No comments: