Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yard Sales, fun finds and belly touching

So, Saturday morning came and Joshua and I decided to go to some yard sales we had seen signs for near our house. This was a last minute decision since it was almost 11am when we decided this...so I hurried to get ready and off we went. I found some preggy clothes...or some I could use as preggy clothes...and we found an infant car seat for $5. (Sadly to say we found out later the car seat is too old.) While we were at the house with the car seat, Joshua told the lady that we were looking for baby stuff, since we would need it soon. The lady was so sweet...she said "Oh I didn't even realize you were pregnant!" and she touched my belly. Hehe. Then she was very congratulatory. I got in the car and felt so good about looking small. I thought..wow..she didn't even notice! I am not as big as I feel! Great! After this house, we kept driving where we saw signs...which took us to Cane Creek Community Center. There was a multi-family sale going on there so we thought we would check it out. We got there and there was a baby walker/toy outside. I was looking at it, while two older gentlemen were sitting outside in their overalls. One of them looked at me and said "You might be needin' that soon!" I thought...now isn't that funny that the woman I just talked to didn't even notice and this man could tell right away. My good feelings about being small quickly vanished. After we did this, we checked out the last few minutes of Smiley's...we decided next time we should go earlier. Not much good stuff left at 1:45pm. Anyways, we did go to Children's Trading Post in Arden. Now, I know most of you reading this may already know about this place, but I loved it! I found preggy clothes there...and they have a TON of baby/kid stuff which is all consignment. Well, that was our Saturday. I have decided I will keep yard saling...it is a good way to get things cheap!

P.S. If anyone has any preggy clothes you do not want anymore, or that you would like to remove from your closet for a season...please let me know. I would love to wear them for you! =)

No comments: